Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 March 2011

Paris Bird Market

What's not to love about Paris?  From its "Joie de vivre" to its "Je ne sais quoi" it is one of my favorite cities in the world.  I have been a frequent visitor for both work and play, but last summer I got to spend 2 weeks there with my sons.

We loved its cobblestones and its Berthillon & Amorino ice cream cones.  We loved its cheeses, its pates and its baguettes crisp and warm from the baker's oven.  We loved its river, its tower, its cathedrals and its rooftops.  We loved its museums and its sidewalk musicians.  I'll post the pics of some of those favorites in another post.

 First, I'd like to share the Sunday Bird market we stumbled upon behind the Notre Dame.   Check it out:

Birdie pic'n'mix in all sorts of funky shapes and vibrant colors:


My younger son Saurin's favorite bird:


Sachin, my older one, tried to convince me to buy these birds so we could free them.


The Bird Market is next to the flower market - a beautiful setting.

Birdman:

Ooh, they had puppies too.  This little fellow was so hard to resist.

Cages big and small

Hanging treats:

And then, Saurin found les lapins!  It was hard work convincing him that rabbits do not travel well.

Cages hung like artworks from the ceilings

Hydrangeas in every shade and shape

A cup of Paris' most decadent hot chocolate (Angelina's) is the perfect way to end a visit to the Bird Market.  Melted chocolate that you "thin" out with whipped cream!

Saurin approved!

Happy Sightseeing!
Shafi

No comments:

Post a Comment